Phaedra's 2023 Adventure

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Several hundreds of young plants are still waiting to go to the field.
7492_0.jpg

Beans are developing well.
7490_0.jpg

Delphinium at its 2nd year - already pretty established
7459.jpg

The high temperature facilitated almost everything!
7500.jpg

Geraniums, till now, I collected eight varieties.
7506_1.jpg

Rhododendrons are blooming in the garden right now.
7510(1).jpg

The pond area is ready for summer!
7479.jpg

My first-time trial growing Petunias from seeds, and it's great to see them start to emerge.
7487_0.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You have me thinking Phaedra...several of my tomato varieties had poor germination with only one or two plants sprouting. I will try to do what you are doing and root the suckers to multiply those plants. 🍅
Yes, it's a very practical way to multiply them. I got four suckers this time. Three rooted quicker and been transplanted into the soil for two days. Look at this slowest one; the roots burst out two days later.

I believe, it will become a very robust tomato.
7494(1).jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The herbs and vegetable area between the two chicken runs are more productive than I thought. I guess there is plenty of nitrogen left in the soil.
7522.jpg

Harvest day!
7513.jpg

7525_0.jpg

Kailan (Chinese kale/broccoli) and pea shoots
7523_0.jpg

The water was recycled for other plants.
7515_0.jpg

Chamomiles are about to blossom.
7516_0.jpg

The gardener's briefcase and vehicle XD
7528_1.jpg

7413_0.jpg

Last edited:

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love your garden. It is work, but if you love what you do, it is pleasing. Lovely as always.
Yes, it's a lot of work, more than I expected. However, it's also a rare opportunity that turns me into who I am now(and who I will be in the future). I appreciated the garden very much.

This morning, I made myself a salad for breakfast. Sitting in front of the pond area is really a blessing.
7577.jpg

Making salad is like painting on a white plate - we just paint with ingredients.
Eggs and salad are from our garden, and gradually, more veggies and fruits will join soon.
7578.jpg

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes, it's a very practical way to multiply them. I got four suckers this time. Three rooted quicker and been transplanted into the soil for two days. Look at this slowest one; the roots burst out two days later.

I believe, it will become a very robust tomato.
View attachment 57658
Those roots look amazing. Wow.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What size yard do you have? It looks large from your pictures. How nice to have such space for enjoying it.
I don't know the exact size, but the east side is the pond and waterfall (unfortunately, the waterfall didn't work any longer, something was wrong with the underground rainwater and pump system. Not a priority to work it out again in a short time).

The first house owner must have spent a lot of money to create such features, so it's a blessing for us to buy this property in 2018. Several other serious buyers gave up because of the foreseeable efforts (time and money) to maintain such a garden.

At that time, we also checked some newly built houses, a plain, small, and lawn-only (no trees, no shrubs) garden charged extra 15,000 Euros.... I fell in love with this property immediately.

Suddenly, an elementary-school-level newbie gardener, I, suddenly got a pass to own and take care of a university-level garden. I did pay a lot of time and effort (and money) for trial and error without any regret. This garden is not just the anchor of my life, but a part of me now. :D

Let me share the evening view of the pond and the new trail we created from the old pavers. I love them.

7584.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Those roots look amazing. Wow.
Yes, they are. As expected, they develop very quickly in the nursery pots. In just a couple of days, the roots can be seen from the bottom of the pots. All four young plants are ready to continue their journey.
7583.jpg

They were transplanted this morning.
7582_0.jpg

Latest posts