Phaedra's 2023 Adventure

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Phaedra, I would call it a ..

. foyer. It is at the entrance. I think of a home hallway as having no more room than for people passing. Perhaps, there is a narrow side table.

With a fireplace and a hearth, it would be even more of a foyer ;).

Steve

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Basically, they like the grass - I can pull some and directly feed them or cut and mix some in their food. The containers are too small for them to munch from.
View attachment 54592
But cats love them so much.
View attachment 54593

View attachment 54594
Thank you for sharing with me. :) I think I might try some with my dogs and see if they like it. I have whole wheat for the chickens and sprout it for their enrichment. I can bring some in and see if they like it.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It snowed for some hours, and we had a white world again.

2096.jpg

I saw our neighbor prepared to remove the snow and asked DH (about to finish his work, Friday is his home office day) to go out too. Soon, another neighbor also went out. The moment I took the photo, an idea came to me.

I prepared hot chocolate for them; hey, we don't need superheroes. Daily heroes are much appreciated.

As I had imagined, three guys immediately took the hot chocolate, retreated to one of the garages, and had a long chit-chat, long enough for them to shovel again as the snow had no intention of waiting. Anyway, the hot chocolate turned a boring chore into a talk, not bad at all.
2086.jpg

I read a lot today and didn't want to go outside. The brunch is a bone-broth-based veggie soup with bacon sandwiches, so good.
2034_0.jpg

2090_0.jpg

My favorite is this - wrap headed mustard. After absorbing the broth, the texture became so tender.
2138.jpg

I divided the tea mums - from 6 to 10, and also pinched them.
2113.jpg

Work for tomorrow :)
2139.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I did some propagation today in the greenhouse with the plastic bottles. Some are the showy Mums; some are tea Mums, and roses (stem leftovers after trimming). I have no faith in the roses bought from the shop, but there is nothing to lose.)
2182.jpg

2189.jpg

I learned this method from the Garden Answer channel. It makes sense to me, and we do have milk bottles. I also decided to move two Amazon basic storage shelves equipped with growing lights inside the unheated room. I believe the temperature in this room is quite safe for all propagated plants and seedlings.
2187.jpg

Baby's breath at their second year
2186.jpg

I have collected many such plastic containers, and they can do nice work like a mini greenhouse and keep the moisture. It won't be difficult to figure out different ways to assemble them for use even outdoors in the early spring. It can protect young plants from wind, frost (better than nothing), snow, graupel, sleet, and the worst ---> hail.
2188.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What is in the bacon sandwiches, @Phaedra? Is it perhaps a fried egg?

Love love love the hot chocolate for the guys. 🥰
Yes, bacon, a fried egg, cheese, and aioli. I added some microgreens today, even better.
2196.jpg

2195.jpg

The leftover microgreens (mostly the stems and roots) became a bonus for our quails.
2197.jpg

Latest posts