Phaedra's Garden 2022

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
@bobm is training his full sized maples. He showed me yesterday how he's doing them.
IMG_2386.JPG
IMG_2387.JPG

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
After dinner, just keep playing in my small compartment in the greenhouse. Among those propagated on Oct-11 (In fact, most of them were too small cuttings, which I trimmed the newly arrived plants from the nursery.), not bad at all, again three rooted successfully.
487.jpg

Those three cuties are Stellar Pelargoniums.
482_0.jpg

The mother plant also stays in the greenhouse and adapts to the environment. That means I can expect at least four Stella next year - this is how they look when they grow up.
1667850303419.png

I also repotted three rooted roses propagated on September 10. One of them even has a basal shoot!
485_0.jpg

How lovely is that tiny basal shoot!
486.jpg

So, that's what I've got today, also a volunteer chamomile.
480_0.jpg

Some rose cuttings didn't root yet, but there are strong callus - all I need to do is keep waiting. As long as there are callus and the stem didn't turn black, another young plant will be there, just the matter of time.
483_1.jpg

Another tray of cuttings done around September 10th - just ordinary cuttings from my pink geraniums and mums. They are all doing very well. I just did a quick check and removed all flower buds from the pink geraniums.
500(1).jpg

Somehow, it's amazing. Even the plant is so tiny, they still want to flower?
489.jpg

Let's keep the energy for the next year!
481_0.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The roses are still on the stage - the weather is mild for them.
532_0.jpg

533.jpg

Harvested some goodies
547.jpg

I also dug out chili plants and Parsley, brought back the greenhouse, trimmed roots, and repotted them. Not sure if it works, but they should be able to overwinter in the greenhouse. I might dig out a few tomato plants and try the same.
545.jpg

Four Phalaenopsis orchids were repotted yesterday - as the new flower stems appeared and their roots grew too quickly, I have to do it.

This looks like the MRT in Tokyo during peak hours. :lol: I have to destroy the original pot, otherwise no way to take the orchid out.
440.jpg

1667939888768.png

I cut and opened more ventilation gaps on the walls.
438.jpg

Repotted, soaked, and fully drained orchids - there are totally 10 flowering stems are growing!
508.jpg

Tomorrow will be bulb-planting day again!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you can get those to survive in the green house, you can have tasty treats in the winter! My Daddy once had a green house attached to his work shop. He had a wood burning heater it he work shop and stoked the fire at night. For Christmas dinner that year, we had fresh ripe sliced tomatoes to enjoy.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am trying something different - changing my previous vegetable patch into a home-scale forest garden.

With the concept of tree guild in mind, I planted a white mulberry in the center, one rose, one coneflower, one black currant, herbs (sage and lavender), one goji berry, some bulbs (bottom), Chinese cabbage, lettuce, scallions (from Lidl, the parts with roots are kept for regrowth).

Besides, I used strawberries as the cover plants and hardy field beans as the nitrogen fixer.
595.jpg

Each raised bed will be re-arranged and becomes a micro-system. As the plant combination will vary from bed to bed, I look forward to interesting things happening from the next growing season.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The roses are still on the stage - the weather is mild for them.
View attachment 53316

View attachment 53318
Harvested some goodies
View attachment 53319
I also dug out chili plants and Parsley, brought back the greenhouse, trimmed roots, and repotted them. Not sure if it works, but they should be able to overwinter in the greenhouse. I might dig out a few tomato plants and try the same.
View attachment 53320

Four Phalaenopsis orchids were repotted yesterday - as the new flower stems appeared and their roots grew too quickly, I have to do it.

This looks like the MRT in Tokyo during peak hours. :lol: I have to destroy the original pot, otherwise no way to take the orchid out.
View attachment 53323
View attachment 53322
I cut and opened more ventilation gaps on the walls.
View attachment 53324
Repotted, soaked, and fully drained orchids - there are totally 10 flowering stems are growing!
View attachment 53321
Tomorrow will be bulb-planting day again!
I love your pictures!
I've noticed this orchid has lots of blooms continuously, but the leaves keep dying.

Attachments

• IMG_20221111_085236_559_640x480.jpg
    IMG_20221111_085236_559_640x480.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 65

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Latest posts