Pic of my tiny tea garden...

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That was a really good idea.. it will get prettier and prettier as those plants fill out, and probably some of them may spread??

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
lesa, as Mary Poppins once said, "practically perfect in every way". That's what I thought of when I saw that picture. It is so sweet, really lovely.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks everybody! I am thinking next year, I'll make the circle bigger and divide it up like a pie- in sections.... We'll see. I don't really have a lot of other ideas for tea herbs- would love any suggestions. I do have other herbs planted around- regular and chocolate mint, etc. I am hoping those that are planted in the circle will spread out...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you ever tried calamentha? I haven't but I have one growing in a shade bed that I forgot about until I was weeding. It blends right in with the ton of dumb lamium that is growing everywhere :/ . It says in my Western garden book that herb fanciers use it for tea.
It has a pretty lavender bloom. Guess I need to move it to my herb basket or something...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
. . . other ideas for tea herbs- would love any suggestions. ...
My suggestion has a lot to do with how well you like a licorice flavor, Lesa. Anise hyssop is a top choice for me.

I don't care for lemon-flavor mints. However, lemon verbena appeals . . . You will have to protect it thru your winters so it should probably be a container plant.

The combination of these 2 herbs is my signature cup of tea!

Steve

eucalyptus

Leafing Out
Reaction score
This looks fantastic!! Do post pics when it grows a little more, would love to see how it develops. Especially the chamomile!!

Latest posts