pickle juice

sgtsheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
When we were discussing the coffee grounds uses it got me to thinking about my mom and her coffee grounds and pickle juice. I now know lots of uses for the coffee grounds, but what could the pickle juice have possibly been used for? Anyone know? I remember she grew the most beautiful african violets, but I'm thinking outside plants. Could it have been her gardenias? They were beautiful too. I musta gotten my dad's brown thumb instead of my mom's green one. :(

MeanQueenNadine

Leafing Out
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is as a weed killer?
Pickle juice is really just really strong vinegar and vinegar is used as an organic weed killer..... just a thought.

okiechick57

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:eek: My kids use pickle juice to terrorize ME.....It is on my top ten list of things I cannot stand :lol:
BUT it can be used as weed killer , as MeanQueen said it it is high vinegar so it will kill any plant you put it on or around

rooster-red

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Not plant related, but my Dad used to drink pickle juice at the onset of a cold and it would go away in a day or two!

I remeber him doing that all my life and gross as it may sound it really does work!

country freedom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Would dill juice, or sweet juice work for a cold? I'm talking about pickle juice here.

sgtsheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
well since Rooster brought it up (sorta)...
When I lived in Eastern North Carolina we used to go deep sea fishing on the charter boats alot. I'm not prone to seasickness (well, there was that one 18 hour ordeal), but my daughter is. I found out that's why the charter boats stock big jars of dill pickles in their galley. Eating a big ol' dill pickle really does work for seasickness. Never heard of it for a cold. Something new to try... Next time I feel a cold coming on, I'll chomp down on my mega-doses of vitamin C and wash em all down with pickle juice! :p

Latest posts