Pickles... then Pickles and Beans... Then Cabbage

KB3GZW

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I wanted to make pickles yesterday. I decided on Bread and Butters. I made then with 6 pounds of Cucumbers. I ended up having alot of brine left over and didn't want to waste it so I decided to throw some more cucumbers in, but spears this time. And I added some wax beans I just pulled off the plant. After I made two more jars of these I still had some brine left over. I then decided to shred a head of cabbage and did the same with it. All using the same Brine.

All in all I got 4 more jars out of this run then expected. The 5 jars on the right side are the intended B&B pickles. The middle 2 jars are the Cuke Spears and Wax Beans. The left 2 jars are the cabbage obviously.

PickledStuff.jpg

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I hate to pour out leftover brine, too. I had some left from some pickled okra, so I ran up to the garden and picked some cayennes and jalepenos. They will be way too hot for us to eat, so maybe I can give them away. I think I ended up with 3 jars of peppers 2 different times :rolleyes:

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Same here. Next time try some zukes and squash. Those make good pickles too! And if you are doing dill I like green cherry tomatoes with a few hot peppers added

Latest posts