Pics of my garden

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my garden that I took yesterday. My corn is starting to tassel and my okra are blooming. My tomatoes are loaded and startin to ripen. I'm so proud of my cantaloup and have found some tiny watermelons on the vines. I'm not sure I'll actually get any watermelon ready to eat as it is pretty late in the season to just be starting the fruit.

001-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Your tomatoes look really healthy, and you sure have nice cantaloupe's!:)

I thought that you lived in the Pacific northwest? I didn't think one could grow cantaloupes like that, in our cooler climates.

The watermelons do have a long way to go, better hope for a nice long Indian Summer..

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ya, I'm in the PNW, just 10 miles or so west of Roseburg, OR. I'm all prepared to cover my whole tomato bed with pvc pipe hoops and plastic in case it turns cold too soon for them all to ripen. I think I planted too many in the bed, at least 20 plants, and they've all done really well. I'm picking a few golden romas, san marsanos, huge Taxi and 3 black russians so far. I'm gonna get at least 3 good cantaloups, maybe more as there are several more golf-ball sized ones on the vines. I'm not holding my breath for those watermelons though or I'd look like this :rant

Latest posts