Pictures from this morning

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It is a beautiful morning at Stony's farm! It almost like fall (mid 60s). I went outside to just check on everyone and saw that my morning glories are finally blooming!! And I have a ton of blooms on my birdhouse gourds and the sunflowers are gorgeous!! Of course the guineas had to come see what I was up to.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
The flowers are gorgeous! I don't know anything about guineas. Do you raise them for their eggs or for meat birds? Do you prefer them over chickens and why?

I'm just a city girl that finds other people's lives facinating! :) Never seen a guinea in real life. I guess I've lived a sheltered life. ;)

Mary

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Guineas are good garden birds. They don't scratch or (usually) eat things like tomatos and prefer a high insect and seeds diet. They have a lot of flaws however. They aren't reliable egg layers. They hide the nest and then forget where it is so unless a broody hen takes over and hatches the chicks the eggs just go to waste. They're noisy - BOY are they noisy. There isn't all that much meat on them but what there is is good.
Most people just have them around because they're fun to watch and pretty much self feeding if they have enough range.

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My guineas are bug patrol. Ticks are a huge problem this year and guinea birds are taking care of that problem. If they manage to hatch out a few babies, great. If not, oh well.

Thanks for the complements everyone:)