Plant Identification Apps

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have been researching a plant in my yard online (I may have inquired before?) and I'm just getting aggravated when all I get is 'here buy this' advertising that is NO help. Yes, I need an app on my phone that doesn't dump even more advertising on it. And free would be nice too, lol.

Recommends and suggestions? PlantThis wants a subscription even though it said it was free. If someone knows what it is off the top of their head, that's appreciated too!!

Attachments

• Unknown in garden.jpg
    Unknown in garden.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 76

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
There are plenty of phone apps to recognize plants. I don't know if they are free, and I'm not sure that I want to pay for one. Have you contacted your University of TN AG dept's Extension office? They are very helpfull and your taxes pay to support them, if you didn't know.

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
There are plenty of phone apps to recognize plants. I don't know if they are free, and I'm not sure that I want to pay for one. Have you contacted your University of TN AG dept's Extension office? They are very helpfull and your taxes pay to support them, if you didn't know.
I am a retired Master Gardener, lol. Likely I'm friends with whomever answered the phone. I'll be seeing most of them tomorrow at their annual plant sale, but who wants to claim ignorance in front of friends? 😂

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I started a thread on BYH using my I-phone and plant ID. I walk my pastures, take pictures, use the plant ID and post it.

Look up the Plant Leaf app, it’s supposed to be free.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rain lilies are a pretty light pink, the flower stalk comes up and blooms after a rain.

I have these little yellow flowers on short stalks in my yard. They bloomed last August after a rain.

IMG_2640.jpeg

Latest posts