Planting a tree in memory . . .

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
yes i would definitely plant something somehow associated with the love one. i'm not sure that a fruit tree is a great choice, however, b/c they tend to be short lived and or just ugly and limbs break from bearing fruit and they get diseases, etc, etc.

plant something hardy that will have some longevity. like for me, i'd want a live oak or bald cypress.

another thing to keep in mind is the importance of location. like if you ever move, you dont want someone cutting your memory tree down b/c its in the way. that can be traumatic.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good advice, beefy. Longevity is an important consideration too.

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Thanks Mossy Rock. Pets qualify as loved ones in my book. Did planting it help with the grieving process?
My dog is buried not far from our garden and near a heritage oak and pine tree near the back of the property, I planted the guava because it is a very pretty tree, fragrant and has a delicious friut. So I have wonderful memories of my dog who was a family member for 15 years and shared many wonderful times together everyday when I go to my garden and water the tree..

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I like the fact that watering the tree brings you pleasant memories, Mossy Rock. So the memorial is more than just the act of planting a tree.

ticks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We planted an apple tree when my Great-Grampa passed away. We spred his ashes around the tree.

Latest posts