Planting my herbs tomorrow!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HotPepperQueen said:
I bought some herb seeds today and will be planting them tomorrow morning. Any tips? Wish me luck!
Are you going to start these indoors? Now is a great time to start them as they'll need some time to develop into strong plants.
Some herbs do require darkness to germinate, I'd check which herbs you're going to plant to see if they need darkness. Herb seedling require more sunlight to grow properly. I have sweet marjoram that I need to sow indoors for the Spring.

Good Luck! ;)

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OK, I am sending luck vibes to you and your little herbs. I have sage growing right now which looks great. I tried some lemon basil from last year and I got nothing. Have to get some new seed. I am getting ready to start the rest of the stuff too.

One of my favorite things to do with lemon basil is pick a leaf when I coming back out of the garden, rub it between my fingers and then smell the leaf. It is so refreshing. It's my aroma therapy when I'm sweaty and dirty. I like it better then flowers.

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HPQ, what seeds are you planting? I've only started fennel from seed and I direct sowed it in my bed. I did order some last night:

Basil, Pistou
Basil, Lemon
Dill, Fernleaf
Bergamot, Bergamo
Bergamot, Panorama Red Shades
Anise-Hyssop

All of them are supposed to be easy to germinate.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So far so good with my herbs. The soil is moist, but not drenched. The humidity is PERFECT! And the soil temp is nice and warm. I really hope to see some little sprouts soon! :watering

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I planted mine on the 5th and I am getting a few little spouts.
Thyme
Basil
spouting! The thyme is very nice looking.

I also have a few cabbage and buttercruch lettuce poking up through.