Planting seed indoors in the midst of a whitefly infestation

miss_thenorth

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi, I am still trying to get rid of those nasty whiteflies--the battle is on, but they are not totally eliminated yet.

My question is--is it safe for me to start some seed indoors whil I still have whiteflies in the house, or will they succomb to the whiteflies.

To be started are some herbs, if that makes a difference.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well I am dealing with white flies too. However, I noticed they are heaviest on my petunia that is in full bloom. I saw a few on my hibiscus only inches away from the Petunia... but they are no on any other plant. (Yet those little black flies are giving me a fight to the finish).

Now I've knocked down those white flies ALOT just using a simple dawn soap and water mixture I've been spraying on them. I noticed about 10-20 of them this morning... it was respray time anyways... but that was significantly less then they were last week when I started.

I have NO white flies in my bathroom on those seedlings, and I have none in the kitchen about my sink on those plants. Just hanging around the cart plants in the south facing windows of the eat in kitchen. I would say.... if you HAVE to plant those seeds near them, it should be ok if you continue to treat... but it wouldn't hurt to find a spot farther away from those plants.

Latest posts