Plants are Miraculous Things

calendula

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Both of my sons have their own little garden plots. This year, my youngest boy planted some lima beans in his plot. For whatever reason, only one lima bean plant came up, but he was still super excited about it. Well, a couple weeks ago, he was weeding his patch, and got a little carried away. He pulled up his lima bean plant. He was so devestated :( . He had not only pulled it out of the ground, but broke the stem off from the roots.

Feeling heart-broken for him, I tried to "graft" the lima bean plant back together. I just kinda smushed the stem back onto the roots and buried it back into his plot. I didn't really think it would take, and I was pretty sure that his lima bean plant was done for. But, lo and behold, the little thing hung on. I just went outside last night to do a patrol of the garden, and the thing has tripled in size! Plants never cease to amaze me! :)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Way to go Mom, and Mother Nature! It is about time she gave somebody a break- this year!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow! That is so great to hear. My daughter and I do her very own garden as well and similarly this happened with one of her pepper plants. Our however didn't take when I tried to fix it and she was crushed. I am soooooooooooooo thrilled to hear it worked for you, and I'm even more so thrilled to hear your little one's are so into gardening with you that they even WEED!!!! :weee

calendula

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks guys, it did make me feel like a good mom. :throw

Latest posts