Plants Sent To BDR In The Landscape

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I thought I would show you what one plant can do!
This red plant is deep red in some parts of the yard and more pink in other spots.

This plant started from just one plant I bought. I have them all over the place.

100_7936.jpg

Here it is again happy with it's bed mates the Coleus! This Coleus also came from one plant. Just don't let yours form a flower!

100_7938.jpg

Here is more, see the cactus to the upper right? That is a cutting just like I sent you.

100_7939.jpg

Over here is more. If you look you can also see the dwarf Mex. Petunia.

100_7941.jpg

Here you can see a leaf of that fern I sent compared to Boston fern on the ground.

100_7943.jpg

In this shot you see another cutting of that one Coleus!
In front of it is a baby Mother Of Thousand. I have some of them about 4 foot tall, they bloom real cool flowers! Mine have not set bloom yet but should soon as the air gets cooler. On each leaf if you look real close is about 20 little babies ready to fall off and start a new plant.

100_7944.jpg

Well that is just some of the plants I have made. There are bigger plants of each of these but my batts died, end of photo shoot for now!

Joe

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
wow! Everything looks like it's really taking off!
I love that coleus...it looks like it's loving life too! :lol:

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
cwhit590 said:
$0.79!!?!?!?! schweet!

So is it perennial where you are?
It will try to go to seed/ flower.
I will not let it! That is it's signal to go to seed and die!
By watching for flower starts and pinching them off I can keep this going as long as the plant don't freeze!

Other Types of Coleus want to bolt all season. This is the reason that this type is my fav. it don't try to set bloom as much as the others.

So to answer you question; I treat it like a short lived Biannual, but keep it going by propagation!

Joe

Latest posts