Play the game...Name That Tool!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Picked up this tool at a yard sale the other day for a buck. I know it's some kind of hand cultivator but I'd like to know its full capabilities and how it's ordinarily used. The two outer tines are adjustable and the handle is short and slender for a garden tool of this kind...perfect for a lady to use, though.

I can just barely make out the manufacturer and it's made by Dunlap, but I've searched the net for this tool, to no avail.

LL

LL

Help?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know anything factual about your new cultivator that would be helpful, but I like it!
My guess is that you could adjust the outside tines for wider or narrower beds.
The handle is more than likely a replacement for the original. It looks like your new tool has had plenty of hours on it, but it seems to be really well made. Good score on the new tool!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seems to be some variation of a 3-pronged cultivator. Here is one with 5 tines, also adjustable. And here's another with 3, looks like it may be adjustable (or to replace a broken tine, maybe?) Looks like you got a steal, that second one is going for nearly $30.

Thank you!!! This helps to let me know the relative age of it and I'm tickled pink to have it, it's PERFECT to use with this Back to Eden gardening, as I'll need to make rows for planting or a hole for placing plants and currently just use the point of a hoe for such things.

I LOVE yard sales, particularly for old tools! :love

Latest posts