Playtime

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can relate to Spartacus. Whenever I want to play with the chicks they always hide from me too!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
LOL That's what my sadie dog does...only she doesnt lay down... she stands there and whines at them.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rebbetzin, it's good to "see" you again! Those chicks look like speckle sussex to me also. I sooooo want a speckle sussex. I've tried before. One pullet got take by a hawk, another by a raccoon. I think I'll try again in the spring. My coop and tiny run are now totally enclosed.

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
How cute. :) Good to see you, Rebbetzin. :frow You should come see us more often!

My neighbors just got a new puppy. A harlequin mastiff. Supposed to get up to 230 lbs. He paid $4,800 for it. Same neighbor whose beagle repeatedly terrorized my chickens a couple years ago. If that one comes after my chickens, there won't be much I can do about it. I've never hauled a dog that cost more than a used car to the pound before either. LOL

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
so lucky said:
:yuckyuck

Rebbetzin, What kind of chicks? They look like my speckled Sussex.
Yep!! There are three Speckled Sussex, and three Rhode Island Reds. I am hoping they are all hens, too small to tell yet. One of the RIR is almost twice the size of the other two... I hope it isn't a rooster.

I have missed being up here!! My garden was soooooooo horrible this summer!! A grub attack!!

Now with my husband out of work, and going to school full time I have to really watch the water bill.

I do have a nice bunch of lettuce, spinach, beets, and snow peas coming up!!

Latest posts