pomegranite

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have never tried one it but I found this,Pomegranates can be grown from seed, but should be propagated from cuttings to ensure fruit quality and characteristics. To propagate from cuttings, remove shoots 6 to 8 inches long that are the diameter of a pencil or larger. Cuttings should be taken in February or March and placed vertically in soil with the top, dormant bud exposed. Dusting with rooting hormone, such as Rootone, on the cut end will enhance root formation.

Good luck!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow HiDelight :frow

I think you could easily grow pomergranites in a largish pot indoors & put it out when the warm summer arrives This is what the nursery I ordered my Panachee Fig from (it arrives at the end of next week along with a quince):

Pomegranite Fina Tendral

Punica granata. Handsome bushes that are pretty hardy in most areas. Bronzed young foliage and brilliant carnation red flowers. A selected fruiting variety but it will need lots of sun.

REMEMBER! :old
=========
The nursery is in the UK so the cultural info is for here too but HiDelight & I have been comparing notes & our NORMAL CONDITIONS are pretty similar . But she CAN have both colder & hotter weather than I am likely to come across.

:rose Hattie :rose

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
thanks Hattie :)
I am going to try to find one and one of those beautiful figs

we do have similar climates and because of that I think we really are drawn to the tropical feeling plants to ward off the blues in the winter dont you think?
I would love to grow a pom! and that fig is just insanely beautiful

I want both and considering I work hard ask for very little

I am getting both :)

Latest posts