Pond pump advice for cascade waterfall

LoraMoser

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi
I'm an absolute beginner when it comes to building ponds, but have started my dig and am wanting to put in a cascade waterfall. The head is about 18 inches to 2 feet, and I am looking for a reasonable flow over an 8-inch sill.

I have looked on various calculators and worked out I need a pump in the region of 1200 to 1500 gph.

I'm not having fish, so not looking for anything with a filter system, just want something that will sit at the bottom of the pond, attach the waterfall pipe and switch on and off when I want to. I don't know whether this is an overly simplistic view.

I have looked on the internet and seen a few pumps, I saw a Jebao eco-energy saving Submersible Pond Dirty Water Filter Pump 10,000L/H GS/CE on Amazon for ~$69 which sounded quite promising.

Does anyone know if these are any good or have any advice to point me in the right direction, please?

Cheers
Lora

Last edited:

john

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The water is going to get green if its in the sun and the waterfall will be full of green in a couple weeks. I did the pond with fish if you don't get fish it will clean easier, that pump sounds good to me add some liquid chlorine to the water will keep all the algae down and should work OK but the chlorine will evaporate over time. We had a pond at work had to clean it about once a month even adding the chlorine.