Posting Pictures ← ↑ ↓ →

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Something Seedcorn said on Major's topic of the happenings on black lab farm made me think to check Major's picture source.

Yep, it wasn't TEG gallery. Photobucket. The pictures of baskets of berries all looked upright to me but the gnomes probably had enuf time to straighten them up.

I haven't quite figured out how photobucket works. "Quite" . . ? Well, "not at all" would be the better words. Editing seems delayed by an odd amount of time. Therefore, if you turn your camera for a shot then upload before rotating it, rotate it in Photobucket . . . it takes awhile for the photobucket gnomes to rotate it in your post . . !

There's no hurrying them! You can click "save" as many times as you want - won't make any difference. You will see the picture different but others will see it unedited, at least, for awhile. So, if I crop a picture so as to avoid showing my neighbor's derelict vehicle parked in his backyard -- I can't expect to post a picture without that rusting hulk taking up a corner of it. Same goes for the other online galleries I suspect -- photoshop myself into that scene in Paris. Nobody will see me there for the next 90 minutes after posting :rolleyes:.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, even though my old laptop is fixed with a new harddrive and a new windows, 7 this time, it still does not have my favorite photo editor, eindows vista photo gallery.

Daggone it. They keep on inventing RETRO and dumber things.

windows 95 word was the best word program ever!

People TEXT on their phones now instead of using that real cool invention, the telephone!

Windows 7 actually loads with no programs. A person has to put them in. *GADING*

I am really liking my little cheap but good Acer Chromebook. Total cost was $220. Basically opened the box, put the battery in, figured out where the plug went, turned it on and VOYLA!

Only thing is, pictures really don't edit in it, and the feature that gets them in and to retrieve them is all figure it out each time, and why isn't it working, wait...now there it is.

So, I'll try to get some photos up, but with no editing they look like, well, not good to me, faded, bland, not good composition, can't zoom in, colors off. When I was a kid I worked in the printing lab of Carousel photos. 20M 5R, 10Y...Most folks would not know what those numbers might mean, unless you made color photos the old fashioned way. (My secret with kodacolor was the 5R. I always added it in before beginning the balance sequence.) That gave almost an ectachrome life to the kodacolor.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the dw commented to me about that this morning how the pic was upsidedown as well on her ipad..

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't really figure out photoshop. I really don't care about the "layers." It just isn't why I take pictures - to insert myself into a group or drop a dog dressed in a 3-piece suit at the head of a Thanksgiving table or, whatever.

Still, along with photobucket & picasa, I've got access to photoshop's online gallery!

Maybe I should see if I could have me skydiving into a strawberry sundae or something and see it there is a delay in getting me in there! You know. For an hour there's no Steve and suddenly Steve appears and splat!!!

Steve's digitS'

Latest posts