Potatoes

sandyullom

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I've never grown potatoes before, but am going to give it a try this year. I'm looking for one that keeps we don't eat a ton of them. Any suggestions?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I recommend going to the the "Maine Potato Ladies" website. Even if you don't order from her, she has lots of good info on there... I ordered a couple different kinds this year. Haven't seriously planted before, so looking forward to spring. Good luck!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can check your county extension agency to see if they have specific recommendations for Indiana. They should be in the phone book under county government.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is my third planting of potatoes (I put them in buckets) I just plant what I buy from the grocery store. I made my own seeds this time around for white potatoes. I use those for potato salads, so they won't last long... but I don't grow a lot either.

Late summer I plant russets because I use those to store in the fall.

Take Lesa's suggestion... its best to find out as much information as you can now when making a decision. I would try to find something that is common for your zone and area.

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I would love to hear more about growing potatoes in buckets or trash cans. I really want to have some potatoes this year but I don't really have a lot of room for them so if there is an alternate way, I'm all ears! Pictures would be great if you have them!

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Growing potatoes in buckets? Interesting...you just fill buckets with soil and plant in that like a flower pot? Or am I imagining it wrong? How big a bucket?

sandyullom

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the link curly_kate. Alot of helpful information there.

Latest posts