Powdery mildew

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My cucumber plants seem to have a mildew on the leaves, but just the Ferry Morse Spacemaster -my lemon cukes don't have it and neither do my green apples. I've been getting a bunch of cucumbers from these and they taste great.

I read it might be powdery mildew and to use a natural fungicide. What about using baking soda, hydrogen peroxide to a gallon of water, and spray it on the plants? Anyone else having this problem?

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
im researching what to do as well, my grapes seem to be affected with it ..
crazy weather i guess ..
good luck - hopefully someone will have some suggestions ...

jlmann

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Any type of fungicide will work. I prefer liquid copper but a more natural one would be the milk/water spray some people use or apple cider vinegar and water. The trick is to mess the fungi's pH up. I don' know the specifics of the milk or vinegar recipes , so maybe someone who does will fill you in or you might be able to find it on Google.

Dennis1979

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I had that on my squash and a little on my cukes. Since I didn't want to use chemicals I used a concoction of garlic tea mixed with molasses, garret juice cooking oil and baking soda. It worked.

I don't remember the measurements. There are several recipes out there and I am sure any one would be good to try. You can do a search for baking soda fungicide and you should find something.

I hear Neem oil is good for fungus also.

Dennis

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
There were just some studies done on the use of milk for powdery mildew. You mix it 10 parts water to 1 part skim milk and spray it on the leaves. Do a google search for powdery mildew and milk and I'm sure you'll get some more info. I used it on my zukes before they died and it seemed to work. (They died from all the rain we got, not the mildew.)

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yup, try the milk spray, I used it a couple years ago on some lilacs, just out of curiousity, and it really did seem to help.

Good luck,

Pat