Power is Out & Cold on the Way

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh goodness, no Red, you wouldn't want to be out on the side of the road changing a tire or thumbing it in that attire on a day like this. :confused: Glad you and your BFFs are all safe and sound at home.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"All Day" stands in real contrast to Spur of The Moment.

Proper attire?

Were there plans in place for who would rescue the rescuer?

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red, you made me shiver! I never go outside with wet hair. It just makes me feel so cold. My grandmother always told us to never go outside with wet hair because we would get sick. I swear she was right. It happens to me every time. My daughter who is a nurse laughs and says colds are caused by viruses. My theory is it lowers my body's temps. and makes me more suseptable to those virsus. lol

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you are right, Mary.

We are told that our immune systems are in constant battle with opportunistic infections. We aren't sick because those white blood cells, etc., have what they need to deal with what might make us sick.

We should "support the troops!" Napoleon said it isn't the generals but the privates who win the wars. Some of the most successful military leaders have had some nasty things to say about officers compromising their foot soldiers.

We are all in it together -- ourselves, our immune systems, our "human microbiomes." Ha!

Some environmental situations, like severe cold/severe heat, are good at sterilizing . . . (I never go out without a hat.)

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
toocoldforoutdoorpets.jpg

It's HOW cold????
howcoldisit.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Proper attire?
Were there plans in place for who would rescue the rescuer? Steve

I did bring my cell phone. . just in case. BFF1 is exactly one mile away from me and 25 miles away from BFF2. I figured twin would be driving out if I didn't make sure myself.

Ya don't get colds from going out in the cold. In this weather the outside is a germ/virus free zone. BFF has a sauna and a spring fed pond. Getting sweaty followed by a short jog to the pond is considered (by some) a winter sport here. Not me!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Canesisters, funny pictures! Reminds me of the house I lived in that came with a jug of antifreeze behind the toilet. It had frozen solid once and busted the toilet blow. Old houses in the south, built off the ground on blocks, exposed pipes, no insulation........