Prickly Pear Cactus AMAZING

amyquilt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have an almost unlimited supply of small Prickly Pear cactus plants to sell.

These are amazing plants. They are edible, they have medicinal properties much like the Aloe Vera plant. You can start new plants with just 1 section stuck in dirt, it roots, then you have a new plant!

Here's a link with tons of info:
http://www.rain.org/greennet/docs/exoticveggies/html/pricklypear.htm

They grow virtually anywhere!

Here's a photo of one of my old ones. The ones I have available could be any color, I just don't know, because they haven't started blooming quite yet.
pricklypear.jpg

I ship these in a small box(can't ship in an envelope), and fit 4 plants in it.

Price for a box of 4 Prickly Pear INCLUDING shipping is $15.00.

If interested, you can PM here or email me at crazyforthecountry@gmail.com

Thanks!

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have a huge patch growing in my yard too. It's a very old patch thats I've relocated 2 times in the past 10 yrs. But has existed on the property 5+ yrs.
I love it-but I hate the weeds that come up in it and are near impossible to control.
What do you do about weed control in your patch. Currently I do nothing telling myself the weeds are providing the much needed winter cover for my zone5.

Have you tried making prickly pear jelly?

amyquilt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well, the ones I've got now, I just "acquired" in april when we moved here. We are on 6 acres and there are literrally hundreds of them. That's why I want to get rid of some.

My really big one, I had years ago when I was in highschool. The weeds and grass, I sprayed round up on the ones I could and left the others. It did help some.

Have never had prickly pear jelly, though.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The ones we have here are a different variety, of course, and slightly different than ours in the south part of the state, but both have lavender flowers.

The jelly is a nice by-product. :)

Latest posts