Prison for collecting rainwater

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Their first mistake was location...gotta go where no one cares much what you do. I know those places are getting less and less available,but they do exist. If you have city water and sewage, you aren't out far enough. If you can see or even hear your next door neighbor, you aren't far enough out. If you live anywhere there is a certain zone, you aren't far enough out.

Even then, in some cases, those perimeters aren't enough...gotta be out in the boonies and then some. Pretty soon they'll control even those places, but until then, you can't really have your cake(live in or near a town) and eat it too unless that's one real progressive and free thinking town.
If you look close enough, those boonies are already controlled in the form of national parks , monuments, and wilderness areas. As for a real progressive and free thinking town ... we live in one of those and the small city had a whole section of downtown to be built in a fashion that the streets are so narrow and parking spaces so small as to be just about non- existant that 3 cars form a traffic jam. There are 3 large apartment complexes all around this " planed shopping and residence " down town that IF a fire should break out , a fire truck would have GREAT DIFFICULTY to put out a fire even if the fire truck could get to the fire. Heaven help a police car that would try to rush to a call then block any exit for the stampeding hordes trying to flee . There is a public library in the middle of the development, and I can tell you that it is a real adventure to find a parking space near by, and if there is, try to open your door and squeeze out of your car especially if you just eaten your lunch. What a desaster in planning !!! :rant

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I live in the boonies and we aren't controlled out here....I can do pretty much anything I want for now. For now. Many places in WV still boonieville and still uncontrolled by the overreaching tentacles of big government.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
  • There are 382 US Metropolitan areas.
  • 25 of them account for 1/2 of the total US GDP ... $
  • Less than 20% of Americans live in rural areas and that is a long-term, shrinking number
A food critic went out with a tape measure and visited a number of popular restaurants in his city. "Industry standard" is 16" between tables. He found that there was only 8" between the tables in some popular restaurants.

digitS'

Latest posts