Probably a weed, am hoping to learn for sure....

paulb104

Sprout
Reaction score
Hey :)

Due to a number of reasons (disability, mostly), last year I didn't care for my one quarter of an acre lawn properly. My house is in the center of the property.

This year I have a plant in the lawn that I don't recognize. It's probably a weed because I have it surrounding the house.

If anyone could let me know what it is I would be most appreciative!

Paul

1.JPG

2.JPG

old fashioned

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Is it sticky? Like sticking to your clothes, skin, EVERYTHING??? Sorry, I don't know the name of it or know just what it is but I sure treat it like a weed.

My attitude is "If I didn't plant it there & I don't want it there, then it's a weed & out ya go!"

Good luck.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:welcome paulb104,

It does look like some sort of weed. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but i'm sure someone will come along with the name of it.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We call it "chickweed" although I'm not sure if that's it's official name. It's a springtime weed, very annoying, although it is one of the first few things to flower (teeny tiny little white flowers). The long finger-like seed pods will shoot seeds everywhere and it will quickly multiply in bare spots. The good thing is though that it is very shallow rooted and easy to pull up. All the leaves will radiate out from a tiny spot of the center that is rooted. If your grass is thick and healthy, it will keep it at bay in and of itself.

oh, and :welcome !!

Latest posts