protection while bulb planting

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
today i'm sitting on my backside planting bulbs. my dog sam (german shepherd - so he's kinda big) is sitting next to me harassing me to throw the frisby. up comes my cat nugget. he decides he can take me since i'm on the ground & don't get up as fast as I used to. I think it was the leather glove that set him off, but he attacks my hand - hard. I pin him down & tell him to knock it off. when I let him loose, he leaps at me in fury. ole sam has him pinned before he got half way to me. that blasted cat disappeared instantly when sam let him go. to nurse his wounded pride I suspect.
actually, I was grateful to sam. if nugget had gotten past my hands it would have been my face his claws dug into. that cat used to do that when he was a teenager & we would have real battles to see who was boss. he hadn't done that in a very long time. he does have a mean streak in him.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hose.

Bonzo runs the neighbors' cats off. I hope she doesn't catch them :/.

What does a neutered tom cat weigh? Bonzo only weighs 6#. . . . Her technique involves the element of surprise. She often enters the backyard at a dead run! Yep, I've seen her fall trying to make a turn - all on her own, no cat in sight. She's fun but I'm not sure if she can take a tree squirrel, let alone a full-grown cat!

Steve