Public Service Announcement !

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been getting my prescription meds. from a mail order pharmacy for years. However, I ended up at the Emergency Hospital with some severe symptoms that were NOT very pleasant. The doctors ordered many blood tests, then z-rays and a cat scan followed by many more blood tests... still no clear answer.. So, the doctors had my wife bring in all of my drugs, which they ran some chemical annalysis on. Result was ... instead of a 100 mg. med. ( the label said 100 mg/ pill ) , the pharmacy sent 20 mg. med. which sent my INR through the roof as well as some other rather not so pleasant symptoms. Moral of this story ..... check each and every shipment to make sure of what you are getting or if they sent a substitute which you must call your doctor to verify if it is acceptable. Or as in my case a boo boo by a person at the pharmacy that sent the meds. :old

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have to careful of this with moms meds. Different manufacturers can have slight differences which can add up and we have to switch between manufacturers fairly often because of they are constantly having to reject shipments that don’t pass quality control. This leads to a lot of shortages.

Latest posts