Question About Babyshower

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have managed to live half a century without attending a babyshower. Shower is at 1pm is lunch served or is it like coffee and cake? More important are cocktails served? Do you bring present send send to mothers home?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Usually finger foods and cake are served at a baby shower. Be prepared to play GAMES suitable for babies. In my sphere, cocktails are not a part of a baby shower. Remember, Mom isn't supposed to drink so I think it would be rude drinking in front of her. I've always brought the present with me.

Unless a lot of Dads and Husbands attend (never do in my experience) you're gonna be alone with a lot of baby-crazy ladies.

Perhaps your nephew will be hosting the Dads and Husbands somewhere else on site. Then you might certainly find the CHEER flowing. For your sake, I hope the latter is true.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
All I know is its a Jack and Jill Shower. Will make sure to pack good old xanax. I really can't see any of dads male friends showing up. don't know about moms. Is a half hour a respectable about of time before leaving?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Probably more like an hour. If it's a Jack and Jill shower, the guys may all retire to the man cave or something, while the gals ooh and aah over baby booties.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess it depends upon who is hosting the baby shower.

I was thinking you had been invited to one put on by HER family and/or friends. If it is being hosted by your (and nephew's) side of the family all bets are off. You know your family better than we do.

Still, if it is a Jack and Jill party (never heard of that before) I suppose you could BYOB to toast the (happy?) father when all the Jacks veer off to do their own thing.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I am only one from my family going, when I wrote dads male friends I meant my nephew and his friends, Jack and Jill means men are invited, I don't know how common that is.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
The ones I've been to over here that have both men and women attending were like a big party. There is always great food, beer and wine. We have always enjoyed ourselves. No games and sometimes the gifts aren't even opened.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is your nephew deigning to attend? Sounds like extra Xantax might be needed, and yes, if you don't know any of the other Jacks, I suspect half an hour would be just fine.

Latest posts