Question For @larisa on Russian Cultivars

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
This spring my project is going to be pomegranate trees. I have read while they might grow in colder zones they will not ripen fruit. @pax12 got sweet fruit in zone 6, I ordered 2 trees where he got his. The only name they gave was dwarf patio pomegranate. On another forum there is big debate about pomegranates producing sweet fruit in a cold climate. seems the best chance for sweet fruit is new Russian cultivars. @Larisa do you know anyone who grows and gets sweet ripe pomegrantes?

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Alex, many people here grow Punica nana. I also had this before. But we have it only grows in the home and for entertainment. The fruits are small, although but a lot of them.
RSCN1354.JPG
The theory says that the Russian grenades on the street can not grow. But we have a lot of fanatics. They do wonders. Grow from seeds and make a selection. These gardeners live in the south. They are covered with a pomegranate in the winter is very warm. I read that the pomegranate - tree produces better fruit for them, than a pomegranate bush.
There is a video of our southern gardener. Russia, Belgorod region, Pomegranate. Weight 500 g

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IQD2AVcmEx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The best grades in Sochi "Крымский полосатый" and "Гюлоша розовая". Sorry, it is difficult to translate. Personally, I do not know these gardeners. These varieties are sold by us in the south.

Latest posts