Quilt block I've been working on

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am participating in a new quilt block swap and this is my first attempt at foundation piecing

7236_anewblock.jpg

I am really pleased w/ how it is turning out. This is my practice block and it has some mistakes, but I know what they are and have fixed them on the real blocks.

In addition to this while I was researching the web for this one I came across a project that is way to irrisistable to me. Don't think many on this site know, but I am a huge "Whovian" (fan of Doctor Who) and I came across a quilt along w/ a Doctor theme! It may be over my head, but I sure am going to give it a go!

http://www.whimsandfancies.com/doctor-who-along/

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i LOVE the Tardis page! it was cute they did the finger puppets including River Song!

my sister is the one that does quilting, but i don't think she would ever do a Dr. Who quilt anytime soon. she never got into watching that stuff like i did. you panel looks neat! i'd love to get into quilting some time. coming from a Scottish family i'd love to do something with a Celtic design. doing stained glass is close enough to trying to do quilting for me.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's going to be a lovely quilt! Such precision is beyond my scope I'm afraid, although there was a time in the foggy past when I dabbled and made a few small quilts. They were so small in fact that they ended up as pillows :p .

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks

Yes I have a couple of projects that were going to be big like quilt only to be drastically downsized to pillow size! lol

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is beautiful, Kassaundra! I love the blue and brown together. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

I have always been fascinated by quilting and I tried making a pillow once, but for all the ways I am otherwise crafty, I just never could get the hang of quilting.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Years ago, I quilted and did needlepoint. Then life got in the way and now, I spend my time on the laptop! :lol: Beautiful quilt square, I know the finished product will be gorgeous!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I finally finished the Gallifrey block, it took 2 long days and more seem ripping then I ever care to do again. It has some errors, but I just couldn't bring myself to rip on more stitch let along another seem!

7236_agallifrey_2_640x416.jpg