Rabbit manure

dwaymich

Garden lurker
Reaction score
I have 4 gallon pots of excellent soil. I was thinking about using whole rabbit pellets mixed within all of my soil and top dress with ground up rabbit manure. What kind of rates for the application of ground up manure and whole pellets

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think you could use it at whatever amount you want or have available since it isn't a hot manure. pretty much think of it as a bit better version of peat moss. if it dries out you'll need to soak it well to get it wet again. i would mix it about 1/3 by volume.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am a big fan of rabbit manure. We have a pet bunny, so rabbit manure is a big part of my gardening strategy. Recently I have started composting most of it, or working it in to the soil for long-season plants like garlic, tomatoes and peppers. My concern is that if left on the surface the nitrogen makes its way in to the atmosphere instead of into the soil. I am trying to learn more about how to keep nitrogen from manure in the soil, but it is a complicated topic!

Attachments

• IMG_20231031_144446552.jpg
    IMG_20231031_144446552.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 28

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I keep horses and I use their manure on soil that is already somewhat acidic.
If you soil is alkaline, it can make a difference.
I have NO IDEA is that is the case.
Depends on where you live. Please put your general location with your avatar. Thanks!

Latest posts