Rain in the Desert!

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think the seahawks brought in all the rain. I live in the outskirts of phoenix and we got that storm too! No need to water the garden. Yesterday we woke up and the fog was down to the ground! Couldn't even see the mountains that were 300 yd. away. Did you get fog too? @rebbitzin

We had fog with the last storm. You guys up there had it pretty bad. It was a bit foggy here but not like last time. I got up to take photos of our fog when it was a bit thick at 5:00am.

This is my front porch...

1 14 14 Fog 03 email.JPG

This is looking across the street.
1 14 14 Fog 02 email.JPG

I grew up in Southern CA. so I have seen fog so thick you can't see beyond the windshield of the car. And if you get out of the car to see where you are... you just might never find the car again!

frontiergirl53

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Haha! I visit Southern CA a lot, almost twice every year, and boy does it get foggy! We had to fix the steering box on the pickup, and I walked into the mirror it was so foggy! :he @rebbetzin

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Hi rebbetzin, We got snow in that same storm front and at the lower ranch in Nevada we had much rain. When we went down to water the new fruit trees and vines a couple days back the grown was still damp. Couple years back I dug gathering lines and catchments {ponds} several of them. I'll watch for your posts to see what you grow there. We grow most of our food at our desert ranch. Have a great one.

Richard

Attachments

• swale.JPG
    swale.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 204

Latest posts