Rain, rain, rain ....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It has been raining so much here for a few days. And more (lots more) to come! We really needed the moister. But this is crazy! We had a really BIG storm with heavy downpours, thunder and lighting. Knocked out power for about 2 hours. It is hard to get ready for work in the dark. Especially with the big weenie dog whinning and barking. :hide

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is one I always think about when I'm talking on here about storms, Carol Dee:

thunder.gif

:p Our weather is really falling down around our ears according to the Weather Service. I don't usually read the "forecast discussion" because I don't understand a lot of the terms used anyway but the whole jist of it was that it won't be a nice day and will just keep getting worse! Wind, rain, more wind, freezing, maybe some snow, more wind . . .

Our one nice day this week must have been yesterday. Instead of going to a garden, I moved tomato plants out of little cells and into 4" pots. I could have had about 3 hours without the greenhouse needing any attention. I could have even abused things in there by spending another hour or 2 away from it but . . . try to be nice . . :rolleyes:.

Steve
oh, and feel free to "steal" that image now that everyone knows how :cool:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
The best thing about rain is I finally have time to clean the house!
Me too! No rain here yet, but as Steve said it's supposed to deteriorate so I changed my schedule. Yesterday was perfect!
Before I clean the house though, I'm going to make a mess and up pot my seedlings.

Carol Dee, I hope your potatoes will be alright with all the extra rain.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's headed for us. The weather man/lady loves their dire predictions! I have a bunch of chicken backs boiling in the pot. When I cook chicken, I cook the meaty parts and freeze the bony parts. Now have bony parts simmering, will have chicken soup tonight. I bought some lemons and will make lemon chess pie. I do love lemon chess pie! It is dark and cloudy, but the chickens don't care, they are dust bathing. Soon they will be making mud pies! I need to do the laundry......several other things......but instead I am here. :lol: Guess I need to get off my behind and go do something!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
Baymule, do you mind sharing that recipe? Lemon chess pie sounds DELICIOUS!
I will post it in Harvest and Recipes!

The sky got really dark, so I went out to put the chickens in the coop. The temp dropped drastically and it went from a stuffy 82F to 50F. Now if some of that rain would grace us with it's presense. It looks like we are on the tail end of the storm. Hugs to ya'll that are affected by this weird storm that is sweeping accross the country.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's very hot and windy here today, but the weather "team" says severe weather is in the cards for tonight. It's about 83 right now, with very high humidity. Got the AC on, after planting onion plants for the second time. first time I accidentally kept them too wet before planting, and they started to rot. Then after I planted them anyway, the chickens discovered the newly worked area in the garden, and reworked it again. So the rotten, dried up onion plants were strewn far and wide. Never fear, there's more at the store!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
The second round of rain just started falling here. We had a bit of rain real early before daylight, which is when we were supposed to have our severe weather. Luckily that was a non-event for us (no significant wind) and we only got 0.2 of rain. Looks like well get more rain out of this band; hopefully none of that nasty hail stuff.

The temperature is over 30 degrees lower than yesterday this time, mid-70s to 42. Yesterday this time I was out in the garden preparing an area for my warm-weather planting. Sure not going outside today to do anything.

It feels like it has been a wet spring but they had an article in the paper today that said we are right on the average total rainfall since January. Much as Id like to be outside working preparing the garden, Ill take the rain.

Latest posts