raised beds

jennh

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
OK, so I did pic one, or my DH did it. I will post pics later, I'm too tired to do it now. I was outside most of the day. WHEW, it was HOT!!!
Any way, My DH went to pick up soil to put inside the beds, and I told him to get that Miracle Gro garden soil. So he spreads it all around the three beds that are finished. I planted my plants :celebrate :ya :clap and then I read the bag. It says to mix 50/50 with native garden soil. I already planted my plants! :he Who knew you couldn't use it straight? :barnie Are my plants going to die? BTW, in the bottom of two of the beds there is compost and lots of fish *stuff* from the pond. It wasn't worked in.
Please tell me they will be alright :idunno

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
jennh said:
OK, so I did pic one, or my DH did it. I will post pics later, I'm too tired to do it now. I was outside most of the day. WHEW, it was HOT!!!
Any way, My DH went to pick up soil to put inside the beds, and I told him to get that Miracle Gro garden soil. So he spreads it all around the three beds that are finished. I planted my plants :celebrate :ya :clap and then I read the bag. It says to mix 50/50 with native garden soil. I already planted my plants! :he Who knew you couldn't use it straight? :barnie Are my plants going to die? BTW, in the bottom of two of the beds there is compost and lots of fish *stuff* from the pond. It wasn't worked in.
Please tell me they will be alright :idunno
Dont take my word for it, but had a friend that would rip open a bag of miracle grow and plant a tomato or 2 in it, that was all he did , except keep them watered, and he got by with it. I can see plants producing folage instead of produce, etc, but over all it could work out.. cant you add a bag of plain "top soil" and work in around the plants ? I am interested in the other thoughts you get on this.

Latest posts