Random rumblings

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
There! I just finished changing the oil on my new garden tractor. I suppose I should post a photo of the new Cub Cadet that sits beside my languishing Simplicity. I have decided to try again at getting someone to fix the old girl. Unless a 'Gator', or something like it, drops into my front yard I'm going to need another vehicle for toting things around and keep one designated as a mower.

The mower deck is too close to the ground for off road ramblings so one tractor without a deck should do the trick for most toting work. 'Sides, the Simplicity has a snow blower with it. By the time I pay for another snowblower I figure I'd be way ahead fixing to use the old one.

From the way DH is progressing (or not progressing) I doubt he will be hand shoveling our long driveway anymore. If the task is mine, I want all the help I can get. Not much beats sitting on a tractor and blowing the snow off the drive other than watching someone else do the deed.

Two more days and counting! I saw the neighbor slow down and watch me changing the oil as he drove by a while ago. Can't wait for the bombshell to drop on them!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snow blowing. What a great winter sport! The closest we come to that around here is called snow melting. Hmmm... reckon a leaf blower would blow that pesky white stuff away?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Best of luck to you @Smart Red ! Hopefully they will move in the near future.
And congrats on the new tractor!

I fear we will be looking for a new snow blower this year too, not sure the old thing will make it another year.
We have had a couple friends who do snow plowing graciously stop by and dig us out a few times. Much appreciated, but jeez, they always tear up the yard. It would be nice to just hire a plow.

Latest posts