Random stuff growing in the garden. Major DUW.

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hey folks,

My garden is finally producing stuff, and I've been taking pics like crazy. My corn is officially gigantic! Some of the stalks have to be 7 feet tall now, its amazing. For me anyways, since this is my first year with corn, haha. Well, here are the pics!

028.jpg

Watermelons...

033.jpg

Zinnias...

034.jpg

Corn...

035.jpg

Okra...

037.jpg

Delicata Winter Squash? My grandma had me plant it!

039.jpg

Corn...

043.jpg

Beans...

056.jpg

More Garden...

051.jpg

A beautiful Golden Cayenne pepper...

063.jpg

I have NO idea how I missed this giant squash! Its huge!!

057.jpg

And here is everything I collected today.

061.jpg

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It all looks fantasticly wonderful.

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Great looking produce you have there. That squash might be large but it still looks the right color and tender. What kind of green beans did you plant?

coopy

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Looks great. Have you considered doing a blog in my page area? Tell us what you are doing. For a first timer you are doing great!
I didn't plant corn this year. I was late getting my garden out.

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Everything looks wonderful! I especially like how you put the zinnias in :happy_flower

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hee hee hee. Squash has a way of doing that, Jordan. You think it's too little to pick, turn your back and it's the size of a baseball bat!

Everything looks great, J.! You're doing such a fabulous job!

When I was out in my corn yesterday I got to thinking about your stripey corn plant. How is that one doing?

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Very impressive! those apricots look especially yummy :)

Nice job, you should be very proud....keep sharing pictures, they are great!

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thank you, Bluerose.

Thanks, Rocky! My dad said I might as well give that squash to the ducks,lol. He cooked the rest last night and it was excellent. I planted Blue Lake Pole beans, its what we plant every year. We tried Kentucky Wonders one year and they were terrible. Its been getting more difficult to find the blue lake pole seeds around here though.

Thanks, Coopy! I definitely have not, I'll have to do that! Oh, Im not a first timer, haha. I've been growing stuff my whole life, this is just my first year doing it all pretty much by myself. I've never grown Corn or Watermelons before though!

Thanks, Punkin. We always make sure to have 1-2 rows of flowers in the garden. There are actually Marigolds mixed in with those Zinnias, and we have another small row over to the right, Im not sure if you can see it in any of the pics. Oh, you can sort of see it in the first pic!

Thanks, Shelly! Yeah, I dont ever remember seeing that squash on the plant at all, haha. Thanks Thanks. My Striped corn is doing excellent. Its finally taller than I am, and its got a little ear of corn forming, I believe.

Thanks, Dace. The Apricots are awesome, we've been eating tons and tons of them this year. The tree is loaded. Thank You, I appreciate your comments.

Latest posts