raspberries in florida?

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Do any of you in Florida grow raspberries?
I have seen some that promise to grow in Florida. but I dunno... promises promises. they are at all of the garden centers, but they will sell what's shipped to them. That isn't always what is zone appropriate.
I am in north central Florida around the university area.
even if I do not get much fruit, I would like one that grows well enough to produce abundant leaves for tea.

If any of you Floridians grow healthy raspberry bushes, would you please tell me what variety you have? thank you.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't know for sure if some do or don't, I'm not in your area. I however have quite a few that run a muck here! We're pretty humid, so I would think it was possible. (They also like the acidic soil)

I would look at the requirements listed on the berries you look at and make sure they actually match your needs. :)

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you, I may try getting the Dorman just for the leaves, if nothing else. I have no problem digging the canes and giving them their chill time.
We are rather calcium heavy at our farm, but I should have them in pots anyway, so I can control the heat issue better.
thanks.

Latest posts