Raspberry recommendation: Autumn Britten

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah, I am picking fresh raspberries. :drool

Best raspberry of the year, even better than the summer raspberries--and I have some wicked good summer raspberries--Autumn Britten from Nourse Farms. Holy smokes, is it ever tasty.

You know how raspberries, if you don't pick em just right, they can be very tart and need sugar? Or as soon as they get really ripe and sweet, they turn to mush in 48 hours? Not this one. Even the ones that are barely ripe and still quite firm are sweet, no sugar required. Full of very powerful knock-your-socks-off raspberry flavor.

Also, it's awesome to be picking fresh raspberries all the way through October-ish. There are still a lot of little green ones out there, for sure I will have them through next week.

I'd have a picture, but I ate all the ripe ones...

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cool. :D

I have an Autumn Bliss. I wonder if it is similar? I think it has better raspberries than my summer bearing raspberry. Wow, they are worth waiting for! But the fruit on mine don't sound as resilient to early or late picking as yours.

Enjoy. :D

deenamr

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am glad to hear the raspberry reviews. I am planning to put in a berry patch next year. I already have some patio blueberries and am planning to plant strawberries and raspberries.

Deena

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Congrats on the raspberries Rosalind.
I stopped there when I was at a beekeeping conference this past summer.
Just happened upon it. They have a great website.
I had planted raspberries a couple of years ago and then decided that I needed to put my asparagus there instead.
So not knowing where I could put the raspberries at that point, I had so much going on with landscaping the whole back yard that I just decided to give them away at that point and start over later.
So even now I don't have an entire area that I want to turn into a raspberry patch but decided to put one here and there around the yard just so I can have some.
I love blackberries too but haven't decided on a variety yet.

Latest posts