? re saving Anaheim pepper seeds

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We have a lot of Anaheim peppers and I want to save seeds from them, both for someone here and for myself. My question is, since we roast the peppers to peel them, will this "kill" the seeds? I usually char them either on the outdoor grill or under the broiler, put them in a bowl, cover them with plastic wrap for about 10 minutes and then peel them BEFORE I even try to remove the seeds. Since we use them for chilie rellenos I like to keep the peppers whole with the stem attached (makes a great handle when dipping into the batter) and just remove the seed through a little slit in the side of the pepper.

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I honestly don't know but unless someone else has a better suggestion you could dry a few seeds then keep them on a wet paper towel and see if they sprout.

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Roasting them will probably kill them. I plan on using 1 just for the seeds. My thought is cutting it open enough to take out the whole seed pod and then hanging this to dry before storing it for next year. Don't know if it will work, but that is my plan.

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Unfortunately, whilst I was otherwise engaged (zonked out from another sleepless night due to extreem pain) my DS roasted all the peppers and peeled them. So, I'll have to snag some straight from the bush to get them for the seeds, but that'll be at least a few more days. I'll let you know when I've got the seeds to send to whomever was wanting them.

Latest posts