Recent crochet project finished.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I recently participated in a granny square swap on BYC, here is what I made w/ them, I call it a fusion blanket it is crocheted on one side and quilted to a fabric pieced back.

7236_dsc_0765.jpg

7236_dsc_0767.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is really beautiful! What a neat idea. I don't get over to BYC very often, but I see that I am missing out on all the fun! :p

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There is always a crochet or quilt block exchange going on over on BYC, I've thought about trying one here, but it is so much less busy here didn't know if I would get very many to sign up. Next time I host one on BYC I'll post over here as well. We just are finishing up a fall crochet exchange that has been very cool. I can't wait to get my squares and work on that blanket.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Absolutely! I'm not very good at crochet, but, I do try, and I keep getting better! I would love to do a swap with either crochet or quilting. I'm just learning quilting as well. :)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! Really some interesting granny squares. Never saw so much variety. I have been on BYC for a couple of years, but never got into the social or craft forums. Guess I need to expand my horizons! If I ever get good enough to do so, I will participate in an exchange.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Wow! Really some interesting granny squares. Never saw so much variety. I have been on BYC for a couple of years, but never got into the social or craft forums. Guess I need to expand my horizons! If I ever get good enough to do so, I will participate in an exchange.
Everyone I have participated in all skill levels are welcome. In every group there are the beginners who do a basic granny, maybe w/ diff colors and those that use it to try new and different kinds of squares, it all works out great b/c if they were all intriquet or "special" squares they would get lost in the chaos, the simpler squares make the afghan look better. There is a current "winter" colored block exchange still open for signups that is 6 inch squares, and one in the works that hasn't been posted yet but it will be hosted by a teacher and her class of 6th graders it is going to be any color, but differnt shapes (circles, triangles, hexagons, etc....) I will go find the link to the winter swap, but the other one hasn't been posted yet.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Latest posts