Recommend a good rabbit site?

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've been thinking of starting a few rabbits for my own healthy meat source. I raised them years ago but I find I'm badly out of date. can anyone recommend a good site that will help me get up to date on them?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
hoodat, the ones I found were all about pet rabbits...those folks would more than likely freak out if someone wanted to kill their rabbits for food! :lol:

BackyardHerds has a rabbit section but its a new site and not much info or action on there....still, a little is better than none at all, huh?

Things haven't changed much, I'm sure, since you were raising rabbits....plenty of food, water, shade, minerals, secure caging...easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think the only thing that has changed much is the diet. There are all sorts of fods and suppliments now that weren't avilable in my earlier rabbit raising days. You'r right about the pet rabbits. I wouldn't want to get a board up in arms. I'd probably have PETA banging on my door. :barnie

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've always had great success with regular rabbit pellets, good hay, mineral wheels, fresh water with a touch of vinegar. Never had any health problems in my rabbitry that this regimen couldn't fix. ;)