Recycled raised garden

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If it helps, I look for 'free' stuff on craigslist and go from there. My whole first garden we put in was free except for dirt and the fence. All free materials I found online and picked up.

I also saved 4 cases of empty wine bottle to create a raised bed out of in my front yard, I want to fill it in as an herb garden later.

FREE is the best!!!!

I agree the cans are going to rust... not worth the aggrivation since, like Lesa said, a mound of dirt works just fine! :)

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HunkieDorie23 said:
lesa said:
There is absolutely no need to surround your garden. I know it is fashionable- but a mound of dirt will work perfectly... I have several raised beds like this- and I prefer them to the boxed ones, I have. If you are determined to box around it- keep your eye on craigslist ( and the side of the road)- you can use scrap wood. Good luck!
Really? That would be awesome, do you have a problem with soil erosion when it rains? What are you growing in your mounded beds?
I have been "hilling" my garden for years. Never had a problem with it.
7054_dsc_1184.jpg

Chris

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chris that is exactly what I do in my main veggie garden. I also have various shaped mounds in the rest of my yard. I think it works great!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Chris that is exactly what I do in my main veggie garden. I also have various shaped mounds in the rest of my yard. I think it works great!
that's what I do for most of my garden