Red mulch film

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
tricia said:
Black From Tula is the black I planted this year. Do you know how they compare to Black Krim?
I think Black Krim is a great tomato, the flavor is very unique to tomatoes. A bit salty and rich. Where as Black from Tula (which I've never grown) has a sweeter flavor. Black from Tula has smaller fruits but the plant is more productive and disease resistant than Black Krim.

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
tricia said:
Thanks - that would be great! My husband will be thrilled, he was sad not to have them this year. He is the big tomato fan in my family. Peppers too. I have 27 pepper plants this year and 26 tomato plants for him. Let me know if I might have some seeds you might like in return.
We should compare lists in the fall. I prefer trading seeds or just giving them away. Plants and seeds grow naturally so I feel they should never be sold. At least I won't sell them.:D

tricia

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I prefer trading seeds or just giving them away. Plants and seeds grow naturally so I feel they should never be sold. At least I won't sell them.
I couldn't agree more!

tricia

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Once again the red mulch film has made a huge difference for me. My Sweet Millions didn't get planted in the plastic and are only 6 inches high at the most. All of my other tomatoes are HUGE and have tons of fruit! Maybe it's the answer for people who live in cooler climates/shorter growing seasons.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have a decent amount of tomatoes but only the cherry and romas are ripening for me.
I had planned on getting the red plastic this week, it was actually on my to do list.
We talked about this a couple of weeks ago in a different thread and a couple of people recommended it.
Congrats on your tomato bonanza.

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I, OTOH, always end up with too many tomatoes
Can you explain? What do you mean, "too many tomatoes"?

My household of two people can easily use 40 quarts of tomato sauce annually. Not counting fresh tomatoes for salad, quiche, grilling, sandwiches, pasta, canned for chili, tomato soup...I only manage to make about 12 quarts though.

organicvegan511

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I used the red mulching plastic this year and agree that it makes a huge difference. I did an experiment and planted the same types of tomatoes in separate boxes. One with the red plastic and one without and there is a huge difference. It was very cheap and I have enough left for next year since I only plant in boxes.

formerly (adeledamate) I had to close my email and Ebay accounts after someone from Nigeria hacked into my account and stole my passwords and tried to order thousands of dollars worth of cell phones. Luckily I caught it before they accesed any of my accounts with $$$. I didn't want to take any chances so I closed everything and changed passwords and usernames. I honestly thought I was being very careful. I really don't know how they did it.