Redo Landscaping

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since we have a huge increase of rain of last year as well as this year, and the State cut down over a mile of Cottonwood trees,,, we now have a major rain water issue that drowned many of my plants and shrubs. So what to do ? I planted 10 more Japanese Maple red bark trees in the back yard. I moved over a ton and a half of Mt. Saint Helen lava boulders from my front yard and placed them in the back yard. Next, I ordered 4 tons of 4" to 10" round river rock from Oregon river and seven boulders weighing in at just over 2 tons from mountain top quarry 10 miles from here. Since the soil is so saturated with rainwater, ( can't use a wheelbarowI as the wheels sinks into the ground ) have to carry the rock by hand ( I place the river rock into a 5 gal bucket to half full which brings the weight to 60 +/- lbs. ) I moved about 200 pounds of river pebbles from the back to the front dry creek. So far, I have placed about 2 1/2 tons of the river rock to expand the dry creek banks up to 2x the width in quite a few areas in the front yard . I will do the same to the back yard dry creek beds with the rest of the river rock. Then deal with the 7 HUGE boulders to move them into the back yard. I have to be a couch potato today as well as to the week end as I would get my hair- do wet... light rain until late afternoon when the Arctic air will come in and turn the rain into snow. Forcast is up to 5" of snow for tonight, and 5" more for Friday then continueing through the week end. Now it is hot toddy time until the storm is over. Cheers ! :caf

Last edited:

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you won’t be looking for a project to do for awhile. Don’t over do it. I hope the snow storms don’t bury you down there. We have been getting a small dusting of snow in the mornings most days this week.

Latest posts