REPORT: Tomato Blight Stikes Again 2010

NurseNettie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wife, I"m the only garden within half a mile or more, and lost ALL my tomatoes last year, all grown from seed, nothing brought in from the outside at all. The air and traffic brought it to me..

wifezilla said:
Lesa, I think I am still going to be ok...my neighbors can barely grow grass let alone tomatoes! :gig

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
NurseNettie said:
Wife, I"m the only garden within half a mile or more, and lost ALL my tomatoes last year, all grown from seed, nothing brought in from the outside at all. The air and traffic brought it to me..

wifezilla said:
Lesa, I think I am still going to be ok...my neighbors can barely grow grass let alone tomatoes! :gig
:frow Hi wifezilla !

Quote from another Rodale article on tomato blight It explains how a lot of us probably lost our entire tomato crops last year. It still makes me weep as I grew over 50 heirloom plants from seed & they looked wonderfully healthy & were thriving: one week later they all had to be ripped out......... :hit :barnie :he

*** "When it rains, the precipitation scrubs the spores from the sky and they fall back to gardens and fields, where they sicken other tomato and potato plants. "
***from http://www.rodale.com/tomato-plant-problems-slideshow?page=0,2

So sorry wifezilla you are NOT necessarily SAFE from the dreaded BLIGHT :ep But I wish you a great harvest & no blight in your life, or on your tomatoes....... ;) :D

:hit Hattie :hit

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I already treated some of my squash and 2 tomato plants. 1 of those tomatoes does not look well... I already have downy mildew on my cantelope! :tongue

And it begins again!

Latest posts