Reynold's Vacuum-Freezer bags

Liberty7

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Last year, Reynolds came out with their Handi-Vac Sealer and vacuum-sealer/freezer bags which I bought for putting up my produce and were readily available at BOTH Wal-Mart and Target.

Well, THIS year, those Reynold's vacuum-freezer bags are NO WHERE TO BE FOUND at eitherWal-Mart or Target! In fact, Wal-mart has ONLY 'Ziploc' vaccum-freezer bags!!

I fired off an email to Reynolds about this and received an email back from them the very next day.

They informed me that their vacuum-freezer bags are NOW being sold at K-Mart and Rainbow Foods (which is a local grocery store!)

I am N O T happy as to 'WHY' both Wal-Mart and Target would DROP this brand!!!!! I did buy some of the Ziploc vacuum-freezer bags (which is the ONLY one Wal-Mart had;) and, it is N O T as substantial as the Reynolds bags!!!!!!!

tryingtohaveitall

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing up this mystery. Actually, I haven't been that impressed with those bags anyway. It takes forever to get it just right to seal, and then it seems like 1/2 the time it loses the seal. Very frustrating.

I'm curious to hear if others have had better success with the other brands. Maybe it wasn't their decision to not be carried by Wal Mart and Target? :idunno

jen4

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My aunt gave me hers and I'm using them for the 1st time this year... see how it goes :fl

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Someone bought me that system. I have not been pleased. Seems like everything you put in there has to be sorta strong--that is, if you freeze, say, fresh pasta or fresh ravioli, it's going to smash into a giant gluey ball of glop that will never untangle ever no matter what you do.

Meh. My usual method of freezing on a jellyroll pan lined with wax paper, then packing tightly into regular ziplocs, works fine.

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Rosalind said:
Someone bought me that system. I have not been pleased. Seems like everything you put in there has to be sorta strong--that is, if you freeze, say, fresh pasta or fresh ravioli, it's going to smash into a giant gluey ball of glop that will never untangle ever no matter what you do.

Meh. My usual method of freezing on a jellyroll pan lined with wax paper, then packing tightly into regular ziplocs, works fine.
I've noticed that too. It smashes anything that isnt firm. I use it to seal my bags of frozen mice for my snakes, and I wasnt paying attention while packaging up babies once. It was a big, squished, icky mess. :sick

jeffzen

Sprout
Reaction score
They abreast me that their vacuum-freezer accoutrements are NOW getting awash at K-Mart and Rainbow Foods (which is a bounded grocery store!)

oberhaslikid

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We were at Walmart one day and an employee told us that they were cutting back to a few brands that sold the best.The top sellers only.They dont carry POP Secret any more. I notice some other things I buy there too.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I recently found a seal-a-meal at a garage sale for $4. I can get bags on rolls at Wamart. The individual bags are too expensive. It works a lot better than the Handi or Zip-lock system.