Rite Aid roses

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love roses and have plenty of room for them, but not plenty of $$$. So I was surprised and pleased yesterday when I went to Rite Aid and found decent-looking roses for $3.99 and $4.99. I need abundance, not the best quality available, so I picked up half a dozen of the $4.99 bare root roses that all look healthy, with good strong canes. They're 2 year old bushes.

I got Climbing Golden Showers, Mr Lincoln, Peace, 2 Tropicana and a Queen Elizabeth, all for under $35 with tax. Happy, happy me!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh wow! That is a good deal! Who has roses at this time of year though? Where are you at to find that?

I was hoping for roses this year... even got them their own bed, but we had to cancel that plan and we're extending our veggie garden there instead.

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm in southeast Washington state. It seems like the merchants are definately pushing the season, as I saw primroses on sale at Lowe's today. It's been relatively mild since early January, but I just know there's a few more frosty nights in our future. Average last-frost date is mid-April.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a nice deal... :thumbsup
The Peace rose is one of my all-time favorites...you'll love it! :love

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Our area has bare root roses out at Walmart and Home Depot but not climbers yet. They also have the usual primroses and pansies and trees, bot fruit and shade. I live in the high desert in zone 8b with a summer zone of 11+