Roadside stands - selling your produce

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Jarred77, I agree, that there are plenty of people that could use the produce. Pride gets in the way too often in some, but you can overcome that in most cases with a little compassion and a listening ear! My husband and I are working on a plan to help a large number of people who want to learn how to garden, get fresh eggs, meat etc. Hopefully this project will begin next year. It is certainly in the "seed" stage right now, but it seems like a doable project for next year. There are a lot of generous people out there and we feel confident that there is a way to help the community and encourage them to help themselves at the same time. That is awesome that your family was able to donate to the womens shelter. What a rough time for the mothers/children. I am sure it was a blessing for them to have some fresh produce to use. It also shows that there are people out there who care.

momofdrew, kind of sort of in a country way. :D As the crow flies probably 4 miles away. We have gathered water on occassion from Bond Springs when the power has been out for extended amount of time due to storms and we have been to the tree farm that you speak of before. Small world!

Kassaundra and lesa, I hear you! That is a whole different ball game. I am a giving person, but have boundries and don't let people take advantage. lesa, maybe you should put a can out in your garden and one near your basket of eggs and on the outside of the hen house. :lol: Maybe he would get the hint!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Your right pride can get in the way, but you can only help the folks who are willing to accept it. If your looking to donate, contact the shelters, the soup kitchens, or ask your church where they know of places that are looking for donations to help folks. My wife knew of the shelter and the contact through the social worker because the nurses on her unit adopts a family at Christmas time and they take up a collection to help ensure the children of a family there and the mother have gifts to open at Christmas. It was a matter of a phone call to the social worker set up a time to give her the boxes of produce to take to the shelter. The shelter takes very serious efforts to keep their location a secret, so we simply went through the channels to donate.

Latest posts