Robots

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've had several of my Google searches come back to TEG in the first results page before. Keep up the good work, Robots! :thumbsup My blog gets a lot of hits that way too, from the first search page on certain topics, but I'm not sure why. It's a pretty sad little excuse for a blog. I've not updated it in ages. :idunno

Last edited:

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
So, when we start a new thread, it is more helpful to be specific is the title? Such as "Large green fuzzy worm on Roses" rather than "Rose Problems"

Yes, this is 100% correct! We STRONGLY suggest and plead that members have VERY specific and detailed titles, but for many reasons including:
  1. They will tend to get way more activity on their threads with better titles. "HELP!" is less likely to get a response than, "How do I water my intergeneric orchid?"
  2. Search engines LOVE better titles. Also, when people search and see the list of possible matches, a better title will always be clicked on more than a poor title.
  3. Site searching: Searching within the forum becomes easier and better too! If I search titles only for "orchid", I'm not going to get a result where the subject was only "HELP!"
Good subjects are so important we've thought about going through and "helping" members with poor subjects to have better ones.

Latest posts