Rode today~about 12 miles

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
No, not on a horse on a bike. I'm in the mountains with for some hours with out a car or truck that's running.
I brought down my bike, pumped up the tires, haven't ridden for lots of years, Rode to Los Angles from the Tahoe Basin once and back up to Santa Cruz, save only when gave me a ride in her van to Santa Barbara, but

Any way the tires held air the gears worked~nothing fancy~Schwinn High Sierra,Mountain bike. I rode to the Post Office to send some magic that could open new horizons of enjoyment to a friend~on this forum as a matter of fact~

Remember the Penny Post Card~came with the card and all~remember/

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
talked with dad the other day carson city has been getting mixed weather.like you all need anymore weather after this winter.... read that all the gates are open at tahoe city can only remember twice that has happened while living out there.

wonder if that old Studebaker is still there along the Rubicon trail near long lake....that was one of my favorite places to backpack into and fly fish the Rubicon river and of coarse hunt grouse and quail in the miller lake area... dang that was a life time ago. the only thing i get to hunt with now is a 35mm camera

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you still using a 35mm camera~you must get a digital~click to your hearts content ~look at the pictures and click some more~no film.

Yes this comes around every once in a while~it was raining yesterday and last night~I took the grill off a Studebaker years ago It's out in the garden by the hot tub~I'm in the mountains ~I should have managed to bring the whole car here, darn.

Now~I have spoken to the Lord hoping that a weather change would bring this very sort of weather often~each year in fact~

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you still using a 35mm camera~you must get a digital~click to your hearts content ~look at the pictures and click some more~no film.

Yes this comes around every once in a while~it was raining yesterday and last night~I took the grill off a Studebaker years ago It's out in the garden by the hot tub~I'm in the mountains ~I should have managed to bring the whole car here, darn.

Now~I have spoken to the Lord hoping that a weather change would bring this very sort of weather often~each year in fact~

:lol::lol: yes i am in the digital world... the telegraph system in Nevada must be getting faster out your way ...

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Speaking of Studebakers~when diving off Polos Verdes, California~at the bottom of a couple hundred foot cliff was the remains of a Studebaker that could only be seen to be a Studebaker by careful study because of how smashed it was.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is the front end of some very old car or truck in the front of our place. It was in a green briar thicket surrounded by small trees, up against an earthen berm. Since putting the pigs in there, they have eaten a lot of the briars, rooted and dug and have done quite a bit of clearing in that spot. I know we dug up lots of old car parts in that area when we were clearing for the garden and cleaning up around here. At one time, an old shack stood up close to the road, but has been gone for a long time.

bike ride! :thumbsup

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to have a Schwinn High Sierra. Put a lot of miles on it. Went over the handlebars a few times going fast on a downhill trail and hitting a rock. Still have the scar on my knee.

I'm glad your tires held air for the return trip too. 12 miles is a decent workout.:)

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Daughter later told me no, we put new tires and tubes in a few years ago, I don't remember that. I told her riding the bike is good for me get me in shape. Then scolded me, like I'm a bad little boy, What if something happened to you and we don't know where you are and you're laying hurt.

she's given me a phone so I can call if i get into trouble. there it is again, Bad little boy.

Latest posts